I finally managed to setup custom DNS routes at my home server (a repurposed laptop with a bust screen, a post for
I installed pihole on my local server and was struggling with setting up custom routes for my local router, and some AWS and GCP boxes that I run. My first attempt was modifying
/etc/pihole/local.list with the following values:
This configuration worked, until pihole updated gravity database and
/etc/pihole/local.list was cleaned up.
After searching the rabbit hole of the internet, I was stuck with the epiphany of modifying
dnsmasq to add the
entries. The following configuration did the trick:
My only pet-peeve is the default behaviour of browsers like firefox and chrome to interpret
.lan entries as search
queries instead of domain names.